Sweet and Sassy Sisters cares about the privacy of our guests. Our goal is to provide the best shopping experience possible for you, and we strive to achieve that goal through our various shopping channels, including in-store, online, mobile and via telephone. This Privacy & Security Policy (“Policy”) describes the information we collect about you and what we do with it. By visiting us in-store or sweetandsassysisters.com or calling us on the phone, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
What We Collect: Categories and Specific Items
- Contact Information: Name, address, phone number or email address.
- Purchase Information: Items you purchase, sizes, payment methods (such as credit or debit card numbers), billing and shipping addresses and contact information (for receipts, shipping confirmations or order updates).
- Profile Information: If you sign up for an account on sweetandsassysisters.com, account username (We can’t access your password. We can only send a password reset link.), wish list items, product review information or other items you provide as part of your sweetandsassysisters.com profile.
- Preference Information: Contact or marketing preferences, brand and merchandise interests.
- Demographic Information: Age, month and day of birth or gender.
- Video Recordings: For security and loss prevention purposes, our store has a video monitoring system in place at all times that may capture your image.
- Call and Chat Recordings: Notes about your call or chat and what you shared during your conversation.
- Device and Browsing Information: Information about your phone, tablet, computer or device and online browsing activity, including but not limited to your device’s information, current location, domain type, browser version, service provider or IP address. We also collect information about where you go on sweetandsassysisters.com and our technical efficiencies of your visit, such as the time you visited our website or the time it took to connect to the website or download pages.
- Social Media Information: If you use social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter or Pinterest) to connect with us, information you share via your posts, or information you have approved via the social media platform or network to share.
How We Collect Your Information: Sources
We collect information about you when you’re in one of our stores, on our website, speaking to our teammates during telephone conversations, utilizing social media, and we also collect information from third parties.
- Information you provide to us: You may provide the various types of information listed above to us in-store at the point of sale or by being present in-store, on sweetandsassysisters.com or through purchases, account setup, sweepstakes/contest entries, creating a wish list or participating in a survey, through social media by using a platform’s tools to connect with us or sweepstakes/contest entries, or via telephone.
- Information we collect automatically: If you interact with us electronically, we receive certain types of information automatically. This information typically does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. We obtain this information through some of the following technologies:
- Cookies: sweetandsassysisters.com uses a browser feature known as a cookie, which is placed on your computer. Cookies are small amounts of data stored on your computer’s hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser that are transferred to your computer by our server.
- Web beacons: Web beacons allow SASS Boutique to provide a more personalized experience for our guests. SASS Boutique uses web beacons to track who is visiting our site. We also use them in our emails to track if the email was read or forwarded.
- Information provided by third parties: We carefully select third party companies and allow them to collect certain information by placing cookies when you choose to visit sweetandsassysisters.com. This information is used to report marketing program effectiveness directly back to SASS Boutique. The information and analysis will be used to assist us in better understanding your interests in our web site and how to better serve those interests and provide you with more personalized product offerings.
How We Use Your Information: Business Purpose
The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with the most enjoyable shopping experience possible. We do that by using your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with product and services: Information is used to enable SASS Boutique to deliver products you have ordered, to fulfill requests that you have created, to contact you (or a gift recipient) in the event of order or delivery difficulties, and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide a personalized experience: Through cookies, SASS Boutique is able to personalize your shopping experience by tracking your clicks, tracking the items you put in your shopping cart and whether you’ve visited sweetandsassysisters.com before.
- For marketing purposes: Information is used to deliver information about our products, website or special offers to you.
- To confirm your identity: Certain information is used for verification and fraud prevention purposes in order to prevent fraudulent activity on your account.
- To maintain functionality: Certain information allows us to see which areas of our website are visited the most, and this helps us improve the quality of your shopping experience by offering more of the features that you prefer.
How We Share Your Information: Third Parties
SASS Boutique does not monetize the personal information of any of our guests, but we do reserve the right to share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf. We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties except to provide the services described in this Policy.
Third Parties We Work With
SASS Boutique carefully selects third party companies and allows them to collect certain information (i.e. domain type, browser version, service provider and IP address) by placing cookies when you choose to visit sweetandsassysisters.com. We use third parties to help us provide services related to payments, site activity, surveys, database maintenance, email administration, recruiting, sweepstakes and marketing. Following are examples of third parties that we may share your information with:
SASS Boutique continually strives to maintain compliance with legal regulations. If we become aware of or have a good faith belief that we must disclose information about you in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, we will disclose specific information about you to the appropriate legal authorities in order to protect the users of sweetandsassysisters.com or the public. This is generally done by an issue of a subpoena from a law enforcement organization or a court of law.
Rights and Choices You Have
You have the following options when it comes to how your information is used by SASS Boutique:
- If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights related to your personal information, which you can view here.
- Joining SASS Boutique’s email list allows you to receive exclusive information about special offers, media events, new products and much more. If you’re not already registered, simply complete our sign-up form to receive these special messages. You may also opt-in to our email database in-store at the cash register. Those names are electronically added in batch to our email database weekly. If you have opted-out of our email database in the past but have more recently opted back into our email database through the store register, we will renew your subscription at that time. If at any time you would like to stop future delivery of SASS Boutique’s email messages, please follow the removal instructions located at the bottom of each email message. This will not prevent you from receiving email communications relating to any online order you place at sweetandsassysisters.com, requests to participate in surveys about our products or other operational email communications.
Security & Fraud
SASS Boutique has implemented several security measures on sweetandsassysisters.com, but you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. SASS Boutique has made every effort to ensure that the information transmitted to us online is secure through the use of standardized encryption protocols, such as secure socket layer (SSL).
In addition, SASS Boutique does not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity with us. SASS Boutique will never ask you to provide personal information through email, including credit card numbers, passwords, mother’s maiden name, bank account numbers, ATM pass codes or social security numbers.
- Children’s Privacy: We value our relationship with our guests of all ages. We welcome parents and their children to explore our website together. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not gather or use personal information from any guest who indicates they are less than 13 years of age (or less than 18 years of age for residents of the State of Maine). A parent or guardian must assist a child between the ages of 13 and 18 in any sweepstakes or ordering activity online with sweetandsassysisters.com. If we become aware that we’ve gathered personal information from a minor, we will remove that information from our records immediately.
- California Minors’ Privacy: California residents that are under the age of 18 and that have an account on sweetandsassysisters.com may ask SASS Boutique to remove content or information that such minor posted on sweetandsassysisters.com by contacting us at 865-935-0477 or [email protected]. We will need the minor’s first and last name, email address and social media identifiers. Please note that such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of such minor’s content or information posted on sweetandsassysisters.com.
Terms & Conditions, Do-Not-Track Signals, Revisions
- Use of sweetandsassysisters.com is subject to the Terms and Conditions listed there.
- Do-Not-Track Signals: Since we do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities across third-party websites or online services, SASS Boutique does not search for or respond to do-not-track signals.
- If we materially alter our Policy, we will notify you of such changes by posting a notice on sweetandsassysisters.com. Your continued use of sweetandsassysisters.com will be deemed your agreement that your information may be used in accordance with the new policy. If you do not agree with the changes, then you should stop using sweetandsassysisters.com and you should notify us that you do not want your information used in accordance with the changes.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (865) 935-0477
- Mail: SASS Boutique, 372 Highway 25E, Bean Station, TN 37708
Please note that requests may require verification of identity and authenticity.
This Privacy & Security Policy supersedes all prior policies and is effective January 12, 2020